Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Steve Schuman Art: Pet Portraits

While walking through shops in Savannah's City Market this past weekend, I came across an artist in one of the shops who I fell in love with. His wonderfully quirky wife (wearing huge rhinestone cat earrings) told me and my boyfriend all about her husband's work. Steve Schuman uses only oil paints to create incredibly colorful pet portraits, among other subjects and media. All of his artwork available in the A.T. Hun Art Gallery are of his own pets or pets of family, extending into the hundreds! The mascot of Schuman's section of the gallery is Rocky, whose large portrait hangs above the other artwork.


Schuman's lithograph prints are available in the A.T. Hun Gallery or online for $60, and the paintings run from a couple hundred dollars into the thousands. I believe custom pet portraits are also available upon request.

Please visit Steve Schuman's website to see more of his fabulous pet portraits and other artwork--you will not be disappointed!

1 comment:

  1. I really like Steve's art! Too bad he probably won't want to list his art on my website :)

    I'll contact him to see what he thinks.

    /Nabil - https://sketchgrowl.com

    ReplyDelete